We would like to welcome all newbie to this page which is a place to get some orientation and to understand which thing you should and should not do when start flying your RC plane.
1 Please fly with someone who knows how to fly RC plane. In fact it can be said that don’t fly alone if you never fly real radio control plane before. Being good at Flight Simulator can not be determined that you can make safe flying in a real situation – this is painful learning to me as I lose my plane on the first solo flight wind day. That was done without friend who know how to fly RC plane.
2. Do not fly in tight area such as park, crowded area, place close to river, place close to high trees or wood, place close to electric post, car park, high radio transmitter station, factory, electrical substation, and any other dangerous area. Ideally you should find a place like a vacant field with smooth grass or commons. Preferably you should fly in a nearby flying club or with group of people with the same enthusiasm.
3. Seek for a moderate flying club that provides third party insurance. This should cover minimum damage or injury to human and property. Please remember that flying on your own efficient is incurring with your own risk and responsibility. If you can find a safe place to fly it is fine but if you can’t do that it is recommended that you join the nearby flying club which will be right in most reasons. Furthermore you will surely get full support from other member as well as the nice place to fly.
4. Start flying with one model at time is highly recommended. With this practice you will get acquaintance with your plane one by one. For instance if you start flying with trainer plane you will need to be tighten with it until you feel more comfortable to master the plane. It is not good idea to jump from one model to others if you cannot master any plane at first. Please be reminded that each plane has its own characteristic and responsiveness. Please be patient to learn and fly each plane in the more analytic way.
5. Do not fly in a windy day if you are a new to this hobby. Controlling the plan in bad wind is too hard to make stable flying and good landing. Too much wind with under powered plane will cause your RC plane to get blown off by the wind and lose in the air. In fact this problem can be overcome with the experienced flyer but to the newbie it is too early to know how to fight the wind with rudder and pitch control.
6. Use circuit maneuver type when practice flying. Clockwise circle or anti clockwise circle is good basic way to your learning. Keep flying in the same altitude and level the flight during the turn is mostly required for the control stick skill. It will be uneasy at first but continuous practicing will surely get thing done. Once this maneuver is mastered you can try figure eight that combining one left turn and one right turn within one circuit.
7. Always take off and landing the plane heading direct to the wind, this help take off more convenient with less use of runway. In the still wind take off and landing in any direction is fine. One way to know the wind direction is using or observing windsock. The tip is flying or landing in the way out of the mouth of the windsock – remember well that flying and landing right to the windsock mouth is wrong.